The ACLS course is designed for medical providers such as physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, paramedics and other professionals whose daily occupation requires them to either direct or participate in the resuscitation of a patient, whether in or out of hospital.
The Life Support Center at King Fahad Medical City is an authorized International Training Center for the American Heart Association for Advanced Cardiac Life Support Program. . The center is accredited by the American Heart Association.
Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the adult at risk of cardio-pulmonary arrest.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary for resuscitating and stabilizing the adult in respiratory failure, or cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Demonstrate the use of the various airway and oxygen adjuncts for optimum ventilation & airway control.
- Identify normal vs. abnormal cardiac rhythms and the appropriate pharmacologic and electrical therapies.
- Know the indications & dosages of medications used in cardio-pulmonary arrest.
- Perform advanced skills in the assessment and treatment of cardiopulmonary arrest in the adult patient.
The course is two days course and is conducted three times per month..
Number of instructors/trainees/capacity of the program:
The course ratio is one instructor to six candidates.
The program of the ACLS based on the AHA guidelines in training utilizing an international version of lessons map, focuses on a teaching module called practice while watching and effective team dynamics. The course will is conducted in a classroom fully equipped by the recommended audiovisual system and training manikins. A Learning material is provided to the candidates in advance in order to be prepared for the course.
The course targeted all healthcare providers working with adult critically ill patients.
Log book and Program statistics and other related official documentation:
Each course will have documentations; all the candidates will register themselves on the AHA website and receive their ACLS Provider card and certificate of completion after the course. All the related documents are attached in appendix A2.
- Course registration sheet.
- Copy of the course Agenda.
- Course Practical test sheets
- Written test answer sheet.
- The course results summary sheet.
- Copy of the ACLS card.
- Copy of ACLS certificate.