This course aims to teach new bronchoscopy skills in a stress-free environment led by expert faculties. This one day intensive course is an excellent learning opportunity for physicians to learn or refresh their knowledge in conscious sedation, sampling techniques, difficult cases, and management of complications in bronchoscopy. The course offers plenty of hands-on training on virtual simulators and real bronchoscopy.
Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss common bronchoscopy complications and methods to minimize them.
- Practice common bronchoscopy procedures including BAL and bronchial washings.
- Practice endobronchial and transbronchial biopsies.
- Practice endobronchial needle aspiration using a simulated patient.
- Practice intubation with a bronchoscope.
- Perform flexible bronchoscopy to remove foreign objects from a simulated patient.
The course is one day course and is conducted three times every year.
Number of instructors/trainees/capacity of the program:
The course maximum capacity is 16 candidates; they will be supervised by one course director and four instructors.
Our simulation program combines evidence-based medicine with technologically advanced simulation education techniques and hands-on learning to provide advanced, hands-on, clinical education experiences for participants from a wide scope of practices, Integrate a variety of task-trainers, high-fidelity virtual simulators is being utilized in the course. The course uses audiovisual tools to enhance presentations and record the events.
The course targeted all physicians in critical areas, anesthesia, pulmonary, and Emergency department.