This course aims to introduce the learner to basic bronchoscopy techniques. It includes didactic section about the indications, contraindications, preparation, complications and description of various procedures that can be performed through bronchoscopy in ICU. Special attention is made to intubation over a scope and dealing with lung atelectasis. The hands-on section includes working on virtual bronchoscopy simulator and manikins.
Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss common bronchoscopy complications and methods to minimize them.
- Practice common bronchoscopy maneuvering techniques.
- Practice procedures including BAL and bronchial washings.
- Practice intubation with a bronchoscope.
- Perform flexible bronchoscopy to remove foreign objects from a simulated patient.
The course is one day course and is conducted two times every year.
Number of instructors/trainees/capacity of the program:
The course maximum capacity is 16 candidates; they will be supervised by one course director and four instructors.
Our simulation program combines evidence-based medicine with technologically advanced simulation education techniques and hands-on learning to provide advanced, hands-on, clinical education experiences for participants from a wide scope of practices, Integrate a variety of task-trainers, high-fidelity virtual simulators is being utilized in the course. The course uses audiovisual tools to enhance presentations and record the events.
- Practicing ICU & PICU Physicians
- Residents and fellows in ICU, ER, PICU & Anesthesia.