The Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) is a program, co-sponsored by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the American Heart Association (AHA) to teach the concepts and basic skills of neonatal resus-citation to professionals involved in the care of newborns. It is a one day provider course recommended for physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, midwives and emergency medical personnel.
The Life Support Center at King Fahad Medical City is an authorized International Training Center for the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify life threatening conditions that will require resuscitation and identify risk factors that can help predict which infants may require resuscitation.
- Identify the equipment and personnel needed to resuscitate a newborn.
- Demonstrate cognitive and psychomotor skills needed to resuscitate and stabilize the neonate in respiratory failure or cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Demonstrate how to manage the post resuscitation period.
The course is one day course and is conducted one time per month.
Number of instructors/trainees/capacity of the program:
The course ratio is one instructor to seven candidates.
The program of the NRP based on the AAP guidelines in training utilizing an international version of Practice guideline, focuses on effective team dynamics based on the scope of practice. The course will is conducted in a classroom fully equipped by the recommended audiovisual system and training manikins. A Learning material is provided to the candidates in advance in order to be prepared for the course and do an online testing prior to the course.
The course targeted all healthcare providers working with Neonates and delivery rooms.
Log book and Program statistics and other related official documentation:
Each course will have documentations; all candidates will be registered for the online test, a username and password will be provided for each of them in order to do the online testing and print their certificate of completion. All the related documents are attached in appendix A4.
- Course registration sheet.
- Copy of the course Agenda.
- Course Practical test sheets
- Written test answer sheet.
- The course results summary sheet.
- Copy of the NRP card.
- Copy of NRP certificate.
- Copy of the NRP welcoming letter.